SCOPE OF APPLICATION
Metalium Effect is used for decorative purposes on interiors walls of buildings.
- Different shades of colors may occur depends on the feature of metal powder in it,
- Prevents forming of bacteria and fungus with it’s special resin structure,
- It is applied and given effect with steel trowel.
- Product can be sanded perfectly,
- It gives high brightness and mirror effect due to its metallic feature,
- Metalium Effect product has a A and B component and different metal powders,
Remove all kinds of dirt, oil, blistered paints and dust from the application surfaces, correct the surface defects using SAN DECO Acylic Putty Interior.
- Surfaces with old paint or surfaces to be painted must be undercoated with SAN DECO Uniprimer.
Before application, A and B components transferred to an empty container, should be stirred for 3 minutes and the metal dust slowly should be added while stirring.
- Stirring must be done with hand mixer and continued until it’s homogeneous form.
- After stirring operation completed, appllication of product must be done within 30 – 60 min
- Product should be applied with steel trowel to give desired effect. After hardening dry related to room temperature (around 24-48 hours) sanding will start.
- Sanding operation consist total of 8 different sizes of sanpaper, from thick to thin it goes and has a 3 different stage. First 2 stage (after 1500 sandpaper) are operated with minimum speed (1000 rev) and from the third stage sanding speed can be shifted to 2000 rev or more.
1- Sandpaper sizes using at stage 1: 220, 320 and 400
2- Sandpaper sizes using at stage 2: 500 and 800
3- Sandpaper sizes using at last (polishing) stage: 1500, 3000 and 6000.
The dust remaining on the surface between each sandpaper is removed with a dry cloth and the surface is cleaned with a dry cloth after the desired polishing is achieved.
- Metallium Effect Wax can be used for more effective brightness and reflection on surface if desired and surface polishing process is completed afterwards.
- Since metal powders are natural metal powders, even if there is a partial color difference in powders, no noticeable tone difference is observed in the final product.
- The environment of application must be kept between +5 °C to +35 °C within 24 hours during and after the application.
Allow 24 hours for touch dry, 48 hours for complete dry at 20 oC - 25 ˚C environment conditions.
Depending on surface smoothness, porosity and application methods; coating consumption (including A and B components and metal powder) with 1 kg of product;
• Covers 0,500 – 0,670 m2
• The paint consumption for 1 m2 area is 1500 – 2000 gr.
• Metallic effect wax consumption is (50-60) gr / m2.